Recently we have been drowning in requests for quality band saws. And when we think band saws, the first name comes to our mind is of course of the many cult favorites: the Rikon 10-305 Bandsaw. So, we, therefore, decided to stop toying with your feelings and finally get over with doing a full-on Rikon 10-305 10-Inch Bandsaw Reviews
This band saw comes from a renowned house which is known for its quality machines. But if knew any better, some machines are all brand and no performance.
So, is the Rikon 10-305 Bandsaw made to be bigger than what it really is? Or is there really something substantial to it? If you are thinking about getting one for your work, then you may want to stick around. Let’s start!
Rikon 10 Inch Bandsaw Reviews
Best Features :
Though this unit didn’t make it to our best bandsaw guide, its still has some quality features.Let’s have a look.
With the Rikon 10 inch Bandsaw, you can saw through various types of both woods and metals among other materials. Which we think, is a winner already. Its blade can cut down stocks that are up to 9 and 5/8 of an inch in width and 4 and a 5/8 of an inch in height.
Not bad, right? At least for the price, it isn’t. Moreover, it is definitely a machine we’d furthermore label somewhere between mid to almost borderline high-level in terms of performance.
The table on the Rikon 10-305 Bandsaw measures 13 ¾ of an inch by 12 ½ an inch. Pretty generous in terms of space, we’d say. Apart from that, the table will turn 45 degrees to the right to facilitate angular and more versatile sawing finishes.
The blade of a band saw is hands down one of the most important parts of it…duh. And the Rikon 10-305 Bandsaw takes this component very seriously.
The blade in use is a 70 ½ inches in length and 4 5/8 of an inch in width. However, you can go between 1/8 of an inch to ½ an inch as per your liking.
The Rikon 10-305 Bandsaw offers only one-speed setting. A bummer, to be honest; Considering how even the most worthless junk of a band saw tries to offer dual speeds these days.
But, on the plus side, this saw is more quality than quantity. The speed you get is 2780 fpm, which is a pretty top notch for some quality sawing action.
Construction and Build
Where do we even start with this one? The Rikon 10-305 Bandsaw is undoubtedly one of the more well-built machines in the market. It has a solid steel frame with steel plate frame, a cast iron table with the edge facing thrust bearings. A robust piece for sure.
The place where it does happen to fail is in the drums, or wheels, of this bandsaw. There is something about it that isn’t right.
Could be the tension, maybe it’s too loose or whatever, but the blade usually seems to fall out of it. Erm…not cool. And what’s even worse, for us at least, is that it doesn’t have an overhead lamp.
On the plus side, and to somewhat make up for it, the Rikon 10-305 Bandsaw comes with very handy dandy working accessories. You not only get a rip fence, but you furthermore receive a miter gauge with purchase.
Next, you have the micro-adjustable guide post which makes raising and lowering the blade guard so much easier and faster. The safety paddies is furthermore a very useful and appreciated feature as well.
One very important thing of Rikon 10-305 10-Inch Bandsaw Reviews is, this Bandsaw comes with a very generous 5-year warranty.
- Strong frame
- Powerful motor
- saws both heavy wood and metals; Heavy-duty
- Comes with accessories
- Safety paddle switch
- Bench cum standing saw
- 5-year warranty
- Blade seems to fall out their wheels
- Lacks a headlight
- Single speed
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- What is the HP of the motor on this band saw?
- The Rikon 10-305 Bandsaw uses a powerful 1/3 HP motor on 110V.
- Is the stand included in the purchase?
- No, the purchase is not inclusive of the stand. You, therefore, have to buy it separately.
- Can you give me the size and weight of this machine?
- Of course. The Rikon 10-305 Bandsaw weighs 78 pounds (a little over 80 pounds with packaging and all). As for its size, it measures 35.5 x 18 x 13 inches in dimensions.
- What is the TPI of the cutting on the Rikon 10-305 Bandsaw?
- The Rikon 10-305 Bandsaw comes with a 10 TPI sawing blade. But you can, of course, use a different TPI on your own.
- Do you think the Rikon 10-305 Bandsaw could cut through bones?
- That’s a great point there. First of all, the Rikon 10-305 Bandsaw isn’t a butcher’s saw (we’re guessing you want to saw up poultry, or other frozen proteins). However, its motor is powerful and its blade is razor sharp so you shouldn’t have much trouble trying to cut through meats and bones.
Our Rikon 10-305 10-Inch Bandsaw Reviews is almost to its very end, and if there’s anything we learned from it, then it is that this band saw is worth every bit of its name and popularity!
While we do admit that it isn’t flawless with its faulty drums, no headlight, 1-speed setting and no stand included; we must also admit that it is a rather powerful and feature-packed band saw compared to its retail price.
Not commercial grade by any means, but you will definitely be enjoying using it for your upcoming construction projects. Not great, but definitely not bad!
This wraps up our take on the Rikon 10 inch Bandsaw. Hope you enjoyed reading so far and thank you for staying with us. Our job is done here so we will see you next time!